Baking Steel Griddle
***CANADA: OUT OF STOCK***
- The Baking Steel Griddle is a beast in the kitchen. Virtually indestructible and pre-seasoned with our proprietary oil, the American-made Griddle is up for any culinary challenge.
- Weighing in at 25lbs, and cutting a silhouette of 18 x 14 x 3/8”, The Griddle is thick but also easy to store.
- The Griddle has a dual personality. And that’s a good thing. One side is our classic Baking Steel, but flip it upside down and you have the “world’s best consumer cooking surface”. J. Kenji López-Alt‘s words not ours.
- The Griddle is great as a stovetop griddle, induction plate, and even as a cold plate after its been frozen. Cook with us on top of your gas, induction or electric stovetops, grills, and ovens. Get superb results EVERY TIME.
- It’s great for rustic breads, pizza (naturally), breakfasts, meat, it’s just great. You need this in your life.
- Cook anything, any time, any place. Perfectly. Create some love with the Baking Steel Griddle.
- Cleaning it? Piece of cake. Grab a bench scraper to make it even easier.
- Oh did we mention we ship for free*? Just because we can!
-Baking Steel Griddle
-Baking Steel Booklet with recipes and How-To's
-Use and Care Instructions
As soon as I could, I hustled out to our plant, found a piece of quarter-inch, high-quality steel and brought it home for some testing. According to Modernist Cuisine, steel is a more conductive cooking surface than a brick oven’s stone. Because of that conductivity, it cooks faster and more evenly at a lower temperature, resulting in a beautiful, thin, crispy crust. Real-life tests with my steel confirmed that theory completely for me!
I had spent plenty of time over the years with countless pans, pizza stones, gadgets and gear trying to perfect my pizzas in a home oven. But I was always disappointed.
Who knew the solution had been waiting for me all along in a pile of steel over at the shop. Talk about serendipity!
-18" x 14" x 3/8" Thick
-Low Carbon Steel
-Made in the USA
-Pre Seasoned with our Proprietary Oil
-Flat and Easy Storage
The Baking Steel stores 20x the amount of heat that a pizza stone would.
The Baking Steel will never crack or break. Guaranteed.
Proudly Made in the USA
All Baking Steels are made in the USA and sourced from USA Steel.
Cook Virtually Anywhere
The Baking Steel can be used on any heat source from a home oven, to a grill, first, induction burner, etc.
The Original Baking Steel, inspired by Modernist Cuisine, helps create the perfect crust, every time.
As Seen In
Food and Wine
Wall Street Journal
Not Just For Pizza
Some of our side hustles:
-Bacon & Eggs
-Sous Vide Cooking
-and even Ice Cream
Bring the Family Home
There's no better place than the home of a pizza maker with good company.
We Make Pizza Awesome
The Baking Steel is a culinary powerhouse. A kitchen tool for chefs of all levels that can revolutionize the way you cook and bake. The BakingSteel has thermal conductivity 18x greater than a ceramic pizza stone. The Baking Steel retains heat more evenly and for longer than a baking stone does, so it cooks pizza FASTER and more effectively.
The Baking Steel
"The Baking Steel has revolutionized how pizza should b made at home. After baking on a Steel in my own kitchen, I can't see any home cook not needing one-or even two-for baking, pizza making, and much, much more. It's the only way I know how to make pizzeria-quality pizza in your home oven, and Baking With Steel gives you all the tools to unlock the Steel's full potential your kitchen."
-Tony Gemignani, master instructor at the International School of Pizza and author of The Pizza Bible
Steel Not Stone!
Since our inception in 2012, we have been tweaking, modifying and improving our products. Each version, changing the game for home cooks. We have since, in 2015, added stovetop cooking equipment to our resume. No longer just pizza, bread, and desserts. Our menu has expanded to every meal made at home. It's amazing what a piece of STEEL can do for your life.