Today we made NY Style pizza dough and pizza in our home oven on our Baking Steel Pro. We starter with our super easy pizza dough recipe and then we crushed a New York Style Pizza on our Baking Steel. This pizza was 16 inches of awesomeness.
NY Style Pizza Dough (makes 2x 450g) (16" Pies)
500g Bread Flour
325g Water, room temp
16g sea salt
2g active dry yeast
25g olive oil
1. Whisk the salt into the flour mixture.
2. Next add yeast and whisk.
3. Pour water into flour mixture. Stir to roughly combine. Turn mixture onto table/board.
4. Pour honey into dough and knead for 1-2 minutes.
5. Drizzle oil over dough and knead for additional 2 minutes.
6. Cover and rest for 12 Hours at room temp. Transfer entire bulk into fridge for another 12-36 hours.
7. Remove from fridge and make your dough balls. Let rest for 3-4 hours before stretching to make pizzas!
FOR YOUR TOPPINGS
We used our simple no-cook tomato sauce. Topped with low moisture, whole milk mozzarella, a little fresh mozzarella and some spices. Crushed red pepper and dry oregano. Finished it off after a straight 7 minute bake at 550 degrees on our Pro Pack Baking Steel with some parmesan, olive oil and tons of basil.
Before and after Basil shots