Watch this video and learn how to Master Making Pizza Dough at Home. The hard part is gathering all the ingredients. Our recommendation is a 3 day fermentation. If you don't have 3 days, 24 hours is still going to be better than just about anything else you can buy. But by days 2 and 3, it's going to be the best dough you have ever made, eaten or shared.
500 grams Organic Bread Flour (we love organic, not required)
350 grams of filtered water (room temperature)
16 grams sea salt
1 gram active dry yeast
In a large bowl, whisk together the bread flour and yeast.
Next pour the salt into water and mix to dissolve..Do the best you can, this may take a couple of minutes.Slowly pour the salted water into the flour mixture. Grab a wooden spoon and mix pretty thoroughly. Get that flour and water incorporated before we dump it onto the counter...
- Dump the mixture onto the counter and using the palm of your hand rigorously knead the dough. I used a timer and do this for about 3 minutes. The idea is to press out those dry clumps of flour. 3 minutes is adequate. You will notice the dough begins to stick. That must means the flour is now hydrated. Your done. (confused? watch the video)
- Place dough back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Before you ask, you don't need to oil the bowl. Just be sure to cover it and also make sure the bowl has space for the dough to double in size.
- Leave the bulk of the dough on the counter for 12-24 hours. Next you will place dough into fridge. For anywhere from 1-3 or 4 days
- Remember, 1 day of fermentation is good, 2 days eve better and by day 3 the dough is LEGENDARY...Days 4, 5 and 6 ok but the dough begins to lose some vibrancy..Lets just stick to days 1 through 3 for now.
- When you remove the dough from fridge, you need to make DOUGH BALLS. This is a little tricky, so please watch the VIDEO...
- After you make your balls, let the dough rest for 4 or 5 hours at room temperature. Now you are ready to bake.
Need help stretch and making pizza? Watch this video