The adult version of Mac and Cheese. Cacio e pepe was literally the first pasta dish I made with our carbon steel New No.10 Pan. Fitting right? Obviously I need to brush up on my pasta creative skills, but now I have the tools to bring my pasta game to the next level.
8 oz spaghetti (or other long noodle)
2 oz extra virgin olive oil
4 oz grated parmesan cheese
2 oz butter
lots of cracker black pepper
1. Bring pot of salted water to boil.
2. Place spaghetti in water. Turn No.10 Carbon steel pan on medium.
3. Melt butter in olive oil. Toast peppercorns.
4. Remove pasta from water and place into pan.
5. Toss in grated cheese and 2-4oz of pasta water. Season with salt and more cracked pepper. Sauce should come together after tossing.